Sunday, April 13, 2008

Getting Ready

We have been busy this last week getting all the things done so we can submit our Mission application papers.


We went to the doctors and got poked and humiliated to see if we could live for 18 more months. They took 9 test tubes of blood from each of us. They will test the blood to see if we have still antibodies for the diseases that we have had shots for in the past. Marlene had just prior to the Missionary physical been up the Huntsman Cancer Center for her yearly screening. They took 4 test tubes of blood there so all in all she gave 13 tubes of the precious liquid. The worse part of the whole thing was when Dr Wendy Macy, Yup it is a girl, had me drop my drawers to check my prostrate. It hurt me both Physically and Emotionally.

We then went then to the dentist. Well, all of my old fillings had to come out. I thought just being old was Ok. As it has been with me personally! But Steve Wright would not go for It. So out with the old in in for the new. These guys don,t like to do fillings much so I got to have new caps. Marlene had been to the dentist just a couple of months ago so she got a free pass.

We had Todd take some pictures so we could put one on the application. The old folks look pretty good. Mom is sure a good looking Grandma.






Now we next get to visit with the Bishop and the Stake President. Then we wait.

No comments: