Monday, May 25, 2009

Ghana and Urdu

We were at the West Gate Sunday, Mom went to "Music and the Spoken Word", while I greeted people at the Gate.  The Choir program was special for Memorial Day, the Air Force Band was here to join the Choir.  I was able to hear some of the songs from out side of the building, most of the program was Patriotic in nature.  Mom said the program was really good.

I was talking with a black man from Ghana who had been on the square for the last two days.  He told me that he was asking for the lessons and was going to be baptized into the Church.  He had a friend in Ghana who was a member and had gone to his friends ward several times and that he also had been able to visit the Temple in Ghana.  Visiting the Square and hearing the Testimonies of the Sisters had been enough to make him decide to be baptized.  

I was at the North Visitors Center today when a lady wanted to know if her friend could take a tour of the Square in "Urdu."  I had no idea what language that was so I enquired and found that it is the Language that is spoken in Pakistan.  We have a Sister that had just arrived on the square from that country who could do it.  I am always in awe of the Sister Missionaries we have here.  We also found that we know have a Sister who speaks "Mong", the language of the Tribal peoples of the mountains of "Laos".   

I have been Painting the house so it will be as nice as can be.  Our lease on the apartment will be up the end of August so we will have to return home or buy another house?  

No comments: