Monday, May 23, 2011

reflections on red heads and floor tile.


There are many things that are different about the culture here in St George and other parts of Utah. Every where I look I see people with red hair. The River Bend Ward, our home ward, has more than six families with auburn hair. The Silver Mesa Ward had one, the Glad's. Red hair in the Salt lake city area is really quite unusual. I have found that more than ten percent of the folks here in St George have red hair. Retirement provides a person with more time than needed to evaluate useless things.

Marlene is finally having her way. The installer of Ceramic floor is suppose to arrive this morning and disrupt our lives while installing new tile. We are planning in being away from the house as much as possible for the next two days. I hope that my good wife will be happy with our new flooring. I will post some before and after pictures next week. The house is already a mess with moving every thing off of the floor. Pulling the toilet was really easy but not that much fun. The tile company would charge us seventy five dollars for them to do the job.

No comments: