Monday, October 29, 2007

in a big jam!

today I was in my neck in apples and oranges. Dad and I did about 15 pints of apple jam. I hope it turns out. The flavor was great.! /We found the recipe for jam on Cooks.com and flew on our pants with the rest. We blended the apples first and oranges from California. then added sugar and lemon juice and spices and cooked the whole great big pots of it. It seems to have turned out good.

The bounties of this year have been good to us. We had about a bushel of peaches and about 3 bushel apples. The apples were not very wormy this year. It is nice to see our blessings come to fruition in the form of harvests. We had a ton of cherry tomatoes and a lot of zucchini and butter squash.Thanks to Dwaynes hard work and caring for the garden.

I just got new bifocals and it is hard to focus. I do like my new glasses though.
I am grateful for my many other blessings. I have a great family and ward and temple worker friends. I have a nice home and yard.( I could go on for allot of sentences, but I am new at this.)
I am grateful for a kind and loving husband.

Dwayne has been doing extracting of names on the Internet and I get to help him, rarely. But he has done 1000 names so far . I am proud of him for giving up his game on the Internet and doing this. He still passes some time playing his card game.

We pray for our family every day, especially the ones that have special needs like Jimmy and Lynn and Allison. We love them very much. We look forward to the family party Saturday. where celebrate 6 Birthdays.
Marlene

No comments: