Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Reflections

Today is another Sunday. Marlene and I went to Regional Confrence via TV in our local Stake Center. It was good to hear about Moral Values and the importance that the Traditional Family is in our lives. We dearly love all of our Children and Grandchildren. I just can not understand why every one in our society can not understand the joy that can come from the love and mutial support that comes from Family.

This last week we took the long drive to California to visit and be with our Grandson Nathan as he was Baptised a member of our Church. Baptism in our church is performed as the person is old enough to understand the commitments he is making and is accountable for his actions. We spent several days with Roy and Angel Gladden, parents of three of our grandkids. Bruce and Tara Joy Glad, our newly wed kids went with us. We just spent most of the time visiting and playing board games. It was just great to get away from the TV centered culture and spend time sharing lives and playing together.

You can see why I call this blog the Glads; first because of our Surname, and Second because of the attitude we try to have in our life.

We had some minor trials as we returned home. I fell and had a muscle pull in my calf
and Marlene broke her glasses as we dropped off Bruce and Tara. So as we drove home from Ephriam, I could not put any weight on my left leg and Marlene had to wear her dark glasses. It was getting dark and Marlene could not see well with her dark glasses. So we were wondering how the blind and lame were going to make the last leg of our trip home. Marlene drove to I-15 where I took over as I could by then move my foot. We made it home safely.

We picked our apples on Saturday morning. Just in time as the first major snow storm hit saturday evening. We are having difficulty getting around in the Kitchen as we have several boxes of apples on the kitchen floor. We are hoping that Melody & Marty and Clay & Allision can use some of them. The rest will turn in to Apple Sauce with our help and will end up in our food storage down stairs.

Life is great, because we make a effort to make it that way. Be good and kind to every one

2 comments:

Angel said...

Yay -- I am so glad to see that you have started a blog. I look forward to reading what you have to say and to get your weekly updates.

martysjotd said...

Hurray for you! Now I won't feel bad when you tell me to write in my blog, and you haven't. Unless you have, and then I'll get motivated!
Marty