Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pleasant Surprise

We were cleaning the bedroom last week when I found a control under the bed that we did not notice before.  I found then that there was also one on the other side of the bed also, which was kind of weird.  When I turned them on I found a "pleasant surprise", the foot of the bed and the head of the bed could be moved up or down and the bed could be made to vibrate "yo ho !!". '  
Mom loves it;  She can now sit up in bed and be vibrated while she reads or watches T. V.  and there is a separate control for my half of the bed so if I want to sleep I don't have to be sitting up and be vibrated.

Sister Cainina from Russia is new to the Mission last transfer.  She has so much to learn, all of the scripts and procedures.  We were in the Tabernacle several weeks ago when She did the pin drop for the first time, really nervous. She was so worried about how to do it that She missed one minor thing, She did it in Russian, ouch!  She was feeling really feeling bad when a woman came up to her and said to her in Russian that is was good to have some one speak her language.  Sister Cainina is now teaching the woman getting her ready for baptism and several of her friends who wanted to learn about the gospel but didn't know that there was some here who could teach them in there native language.  So there are surprises that the Lord has in store for us all of the time.  If our Sister Missionary had of done the Pin drop correctly some of our friends from Russia would not have an opportunity to be taught the Gospel.
 
We had been married for long enough to have three small children, when one day I came home to find the home in a real mess. The kids were running around screaming, toys were every where, the smell of dirty diapers was in the air.   I was feeling really bad for my self, wondering what I had got my self into, some what angry because the home was not up to my standards

I had a dream that night that Marlene had gone some where. I dreamed that she was not there when I got up the next morning.  I had to feed the kids, change their dirty diapers, keep them entertained and some how get to work.  The worst feeling was that I was alone.  When I was feeling the worst about being a single parent. I woke up and Marlene was sleeping next to me.  

I think the Lord was teaching me an important lesson, that the family is more important than a spotless house.  I learned that some times cleanness is not to Godliness.  That Love is more important than a spotless house.  Read the story about Mary and Martha when Christ came to visit them. 

No comments: