Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wednesday the 21 we had everyone come over the the Social Room to celebrate the "Big Birthday" for January.  Grandpa, Shelly, Stuart and Ben.  Grandpa is now 70 years old even though he would like to deny it.  




We had Damion and his Girl friend and Children come over to the Party.  He is the person that we met in Legacy Theater and assisted in his conversion.  

The Draper Temple is now open for visitors until March.  We talked about going with Damion and Marty and Melody next week.  We have tickets for the open house for guests and people from out of town at the Square.  The tickets have been a great missionary tool as many guests want to know what the inside of a temple is like and what are Temples used for.  

I still remember the Time when I was called to serve as Bishop of the Sandy 23rd ward.  It was Saturday night of Stake Conference when the phone rang and I was asked to bring Marlene and Todd over to meet with the Stake President.  I thought that perhaps they wanted to interview Todd to become a Elder as he had just turned 18.  President Cooper said that they wanted me to be the Bishop of the Ward that they would sustain me in the 10 am session the next morning that I needed to submit the names of my councilors as soon as I got home.  The feeling was overwhelming some have said that they have had a feeling that they were going to be called, such was not for me.  I spent a lot of time on my knees they next years as I needed all of the support the Lord would give to me.   It was hard to sit on the stand while my family was in the congregation. Marlene was such a support to me she never complained about the need for me to be gone so much of the time.  I have many times reflected on the effort that I gave to the Ward.  I have always felt good about my service because I know that I did the best that I could.  

No comments: