Saturday, January 26, 2008

finally getting back to normal

on New Years Eve, dad got sick as did I. We thought he had the flu, but it turned out to pneumonia. It took two Drs. visits to get him the right help. He had no appetite, fever, and such weakness! after missing church two weeks, He is showing signs of being stronger. I was proud of him for going to the temple even though he was sick. He only missed one week. I think he was blessed for going when he was so weak! He loves the service and is now a session starter on Thursdays. His Wednesday night is not quite as fulfilling.! I think he started to improve so fast a couple of days after his antibiatics. (spell?) Also the night he started his antibiotics, he was so affected, I called Marty at his request. and the Bishop came and gave him a blessing! Wednesday, I went to temple alone and Thursday.! I appreciate it more when he drives.

I had a neat experience doing iniatory as a patron Thursday. Usually it is not a thing I am able to do. The 5 names I was given, were from Somoa. I have NEVER seen names from there in all my time. It was an over whelming feeling I had in the participation that morning.! It is hard to explain My mothers father was one of the first missionaries to Soamoa and it all touched me so.!

THe last two weeks have been kind of hard and blurred into each other. I remember having a family party on the 5th Dad was not too well then. I am grateful he did not end up in the hospital or get worse. Lynn is in the hospital again from the nursing home. We have not seen her since Dec 23.

I just got a visit from the Bishopric, THey want to have me released from Primary as the organist. Primary Pres hinted that there might be a change so I could attend Relief Society. There are some sisters in our ward that play well and I think they need to change. I will always have a tender spot for the music in Primary. I learned so much from Emilina when she was the chorister.

It snowed17 inches last Saturday.! Melody and Ben came and shoveled the driveway.! Melody was still sick. Then I saw across the street, I saw Ben refuse money for helping a neighbor. Kudos Ben. Marty and kids have been cleaning our drive way many times this snowy winter.!

I went with Dad to Britons and to buy a camera for his Birthday , late but he felt strong enough to go see Todd and get advice, then laugh and go but another camera. We found a camera out of the box for a really good deal. He is having fun with it.

It is beautiful but cold outside. Mel and Marty dropped over last night as we were watching a Jazz game. That was a fun surprise. The Jazz have won the last 8 games. Go Jazz.

Angel has announced her 4th pregnancy. We wish her luck. I am sure it was double hard for her to come to our state for Christmas. We are excited for number 12. We put her in our prayers as we do all our children.

Lord bless you.

Marlene G

No comments: