Friday, February 1, 2008

surviving winter

It has been an interesting week. First Angel called to say Pres. Hinckley had passed away. Then Tuesday Roy called to say that Angel had a terrible misscarriage. This was to be number 12 and she was to excitedly announce that it was a boy or girl. I feel so tender for her and our prayers are with her and her family. These are not easy moments.

I will miss Pres Hinckley in our every day lives. Everything we do we are affected by his counsel and loving ways.

Dad is improving, and still hates winter. I am trying to light up the rooms more so he can have some sun. We went to the temple Wed and Thrusday. The new schedules for Wednesday finally have given him a session.! We have the same schedule for the first time in about a year. He was at the reccomend desks for about 19 months. This will be neat, although we will be staying late once in a while.

It is nice to see friends in the temple. I saw Lani Lawrence and her neice Thrursday, and Parks who used to live in our ward. A sister Zetner who comes every Thursday knitted me a cute towel holder. She is so sweet, I have seen her for about 6 years and only talked to her once in a while she is 84.

We went to celebrate Bens Birthday, Thursday after temple. It was fun to eat at the Chinese Buffet and the clown paid extra attention to us and gave each of the kids a balloon toy and Ben an extreme balloon hat and a deck of trick cards.

We plan to go on a short trip next week to get out of the snow. I hope the weather co-operates.!

Life is good but I hope my daughter-in- law Shaylynn gets better soon.!

Keep the faith and the 6 B's from Pres Hinckley.

Marlene Glad

No comments: