Saturday, February 23, 2008

Long Time, no write.

I have not written for a long time. We have been busy. We went on a tip to Mesquite Feb 9 to 12th. We went to a Musical" Man of La Mancha" (spelling). It was very well done. We really enjoyed it.and it brought back memories.Professionaly , Robert Peterson an acotr who lived in my ward for years, used to make it so enjoyable. I remember when one of my sons was in it I believe it was Clay, at his high school.

We visited with my brother Dean and his wife. They have been living in St George for years. They usually live there in the winter and go to their home in Star Valley in the summer. My nephew and his wife were also visiting. We went to the wonderful leadership meeting with them . It was a wonderful reinforcement of the importance of family.

We sat in the hot tub and drove around St George and Mesquite and looked at houses. It was fun.

Last month, Angel had the misfortune of having a termination of a pregnancy we were all looking forward to. number 12. It was not to be. Then the news of Pres Hinckleys passing, were some sad things that we had to deal with. I am pleased that the people in her area and ward were there to help her through this time.

Bruce and Tara came down 12th to talk to the people at the U.of U. He is hopeing to get accepted into the Social Program there. He has been accepted to the college, but wants to be in the program there. we had the priviledge of having them stay until Wed morning so they could drive back without having the storm make their journey unsafe..They are doing well and have to make some decisions about their schooling. It is fun to see them so happy.

We had womens conference at our Stake today. It gave me alot to comtemplate. I wonder what else I am do on earth? What is MY MISSION? I have done alot but have I done enough? Sister Nelson gave us a great guide line to follow. I hope to be inspired.

Dad is back to about 99% he is eating well and goes to excercise quite regularly. He even has painted some pictures lately. He encouraged me to go to an open house bridal shower today after I been away all morning. That was nice of him and I was happy I went even though I had not bought a present yet and had to go buy one. It was nice of hime to think of me needing to support someone and see some nice people.

We got a rebate check and went crazy with our food storage yesterday. The check is when you spend via American Express at the end of the year you get a percentage back. Well we spent all that and more. It was a good feeling to see all the food we bought.

I got to go cook some of that good food, before the Jazz game.

Marlene G,

No comments: